Prove you're truly alive by creating something that leaves the world just a little more full of laughter and wonder.
Whipik Stories and The African Writers are launching a chat story writing challenge for passionate writers, bold enough to use their creativity to capture our minds and hearts. This challenge is free to enter.
*Winning, shortlisted writers will receive prizes and be published on Whipik.
*Prizes to be paid in your local currency.
TIPS to Be Successful
- Read a few sample stories to get familiar with the format. Available on Apple app store, or Google Play store.
- Checkout the Guide on How to Write Chat Stories.
- Follow @whipik on Instagram or @whipikstories on Twitter for chat story writing tips.
Rules of the Challenge
- Submissions must be original works of each writer, and may be works of fiction, or inspired by real life events.
- Writers may submit multiple stories, and can win prizes for each submission.
- Submission starts Jan 20, 2021 and closes Feb 17, 2021, winners will be announced Feb 28, 2021.
- Between 400 to 1,250 words per story.
- Submit stories to stories [at] whipik.com.
- We will send you an animated video of your story. Upload this to your IG page, tag @whipik, and use the hashtag #chatstorychallenge.
Refer to the FAQ for any questions you may have, or reach out to us on IG or Twitter.
Overall, your submission(s) will be judged based on your story's ability to capture readers' attention, immerse them in the plot, and deliver 5 to 7 minutes of reading pleasure. Specifically, below are the areas that will be assessed.
- How effective the beginning of your story draws your reader's curiosity.
- How you use dialogue between characters to present the story's plot, develop the characters, and show their emotional state.
- How you transition between scenes, such that the reader's interest is sustained.
- How you end your story such that your reader is left in a heightened emotional state.
Your story should leave readers feeling like this👇🏾⬇👇🏾